Double-up and expand your potential with an engineering double degree.
RMIT’s range of double degrees will broaden your education, increasing your skills and career opportunities.
You’ll have the opportunity to work across different disciplines and industries, giving you more options and expertise when you graduate.
Double degrees usually take only one more year to complete than a single degree in engineering.
Double degrees with business
Many engineers quickly move into positions of management within organisations. A double degree with business will give you an advantage, allowing you to progress into positions of responsibility and influence more quickly and with greater confidence.
Combining your engineering studies with a degree in management, entrepreneurship or international business means that in addition to specialising in a particular engineering field, you’ll have the ability lead others or manage large projects.
- Aerospace Engineering/Management
- Automotive Engineering/Management
- Chemical Engineering/Management
- Civil and Infrastructure/Management
- Computer and Network Engineering/Management
- Electrical Engineering/Management
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering/Management
- Mechanical Engineering/Management
- Sustainable Systems Engineering/Management
- Advanced Manufacturing & Mechatronics/International Business
- Electrical Engineering/Commerce
Double degrees with computer science
As businesses spend more on software and computer systems, the demand for graduates with both engineering and computer science expertise is high.
A double degree with computer science means you’ll be able to work with the hardware and structure of computer systems, as well as the software that is used to control them.
- Computer and Network Engineering/Computer Science
- Electronic & Communication Engineering/Computer Science
Double degrees with science
If you’re interested in both scientific investigation and its practical application, a double degree with science may be for you.
You can combine your engineering program with studies in biotechnology, chemistry, food technology and nutrition, environmental science, or physics.
- Applied Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering/Biotechnology
- Chemical Engineering/Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Food Technology & Nutrition/Chemical Engineering
- Physics/Electronic & Communication Engineering
- Environmental Science/Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering/ Biotechnology
Double degrees with industrial design
Industrial designers invent, visualise, prototype and ultimately deliver design solutions to complex problems in the form of new products and services.
Combining your engineering program with a degree in industrial design, means you’ll be equipped to carry engineering projects through their entire life cycle, from initial requirements to monitoring and evaluation with all the steps in between.
Integrating these disciplines provides the ability to design innovative solutions on the real life applications as well as the limitations.
Meet some of our double degree students
Read about our students who are undertaking or who have completed a double degree program with engineering.