As a sustainable systems engineer you will help ensure that human impacts on the environment are managed in a sustainable way.
What is sustainable systems engineering?
- Combines different areas of engineering, taking a broad perspective to deliver technical solutions on large-scale projects.
- Focuses on sustainable development through better industrial systems and technical products. These include sustainable energy and processes for clean manufacturing.
What do sustainable systems engineers do?
- Work with technologies and engineering approaches to ensure global development is sustainable.
- Develop clean manufacturing processes and improvements in technology.
Where do sustainable systems engineers work?
- Industries including transport, logistics, defence and energy.
- Major infrastructure and building projects.
- Local and international transport, defence, and infrastructure companies, engineering companies and consultancies.
- State and federal government.
What type of person do I need to be?
A career in sustainable systems engineering may be for you, if you:
- Have a big picture perspective
- Work well in teams
- Have the patience to tackle complex problems
- Are interested in a range of studies including technical development and engineering design
- Enjoy using technology in innovative ways
- Enjoy subjects such as maths.