With a qualification in mechatronics and manufacturing systems you can design processes and technology for assembly and manufacturing.
What is mechatronics and manufacturing systems?
- Mechatronics encompasses manufacturing, mechanical and electronic engineering to design automated assembly systems and processes.
- Manufacturing systems engineering is concerned with the processes and systems that are used in industry to turn materials into products.
What do mechatronics and manufacturing engineers do?
- Design and improve systems that change raw materials into products with the smallest wastage of time, materials and energy.
- Design and maintain machinery with electronic and computer control systems, such as aircraft, robots, motor vehicles, cameras, power generators and industrial machinery.
Where do mechatronics and manufacturing engineers work?
- Processing plants
- Manufacturing plants
- Engineering design offices
What type of person do I need to be?
A career in mechatronics and manufacturing engineering may be for you, if you:
- Can think creatively
- Like hands-on problem solving
- Are interested in robots and artificially intelligent devices
- Enjoy subjects like maths and physics.