The VIED-RMIT PhD Scholarship provides full tuition, living costs and OSHC for Vietnamese students undertaking research towards a PhD at RMIT in Melbourne.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of Vietnam
- be applying for a PhD program at RMIT University
- meet the academic requirements for entry to RMIT University and been offered a place in the program
- meet the eligibility criteria for the VIED scholarship and be awarded the joint scholarship by RMIT
- be commencing full time enrolment as an onshore international student at RMIT
The Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) in the Ministry of Education and Training (MOET), Vietnam and RMIT University (RMIT) are collaborating for the purpose of providing high quality research training to qualified students for Vietnam.
Value and duration
The joint funded scholarship provides:
- tuition fees for the standard duration of your research scholarship up to a maximum 3.5 years
- the cost of a single visa length Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) policy
- a stipend equivalent to that provided for a RMIT PhD Scholarship (2016 rate: $29,288 per annum) for up to 3.5 years
- cost of visa applications and return airfares
- Up to 10 weeks English language tuition at RMIT English Worldwide (if English language condition for PhD program is not met at time of admission).
Students may be eligible to apply for a relocation allowance with the School of Graduate Research upon arrival in Melbourne.
Number of Scholarships
Up to 12 scholarships will be awarded annually
How to apply
- Find two supervisors whose background is aligned to your research interests and prepare a Research Topic Proposal
- Ensure that you meet the academic entry criteria for the program
- Submit your application to VIED or CIEC.VIED or CIEC will submit applications on behalf of the student to be selected by RMIT’s School of graduate Research.
- Choose your application method:
- Successful candidates will be provided with a letter of offer and scholarship.
- Vietnam International Education Development (VIED)
- RMIT School of Graduate Research
- Support from the RMIT International Sponsorship Development Team
Sponsorship Development Team
Phone: (+61 3) 9925 5195