iOS App Development with Swift
According to StatCounter, more than 1 in every 4 people own an Apple device. Whether it’s your iPhone, iMac, or iPad, millions of apps
are used each day. If you’re looking to future proof your career or get that exciting app off the ground, our iOS App Development with Swift bundle will teach you the end-to-end process of creating and deploying your own iOS app.
After completing an RMIT Future Skills course, you will earn an RMIT credential which can be validated, recognised and shared on social media platforms.
By the end of this two-course bundle, you’ll know how to:
- Apply industry-ready skills and knowledge, including Git, managing source code, problem-solving approaches, and develop knowledge in SwiftUI, privacy, and security.
- Analyse how successful apps go from ideation to deployment.
- Test an app and submit it to the app store.
By the end of this bundle, you will have completed two projects:
For iOS App Development Foundations, you'll create an app that explains the concepts of how traffic light sequences work.
For Design and Develop an iOS App, you'll produce one of two projects:
- Bring your own app idea to create (subject to mentor approval)
- Work on a provided weather app project that displays the current weather conditions.
For iOS App Development Foundations there are no prerequisites.
For Design and Develop an iOS App, we recommend that you have
completed iOS App Development Foundations, or are able to:
- Write, run, and debug basic Swift code, using operators, control flows, strings and functions
- Produce code that changes states to transition between views
- Document code to explain app features
- Create simple apps using the Xcode environment
- Latest version of the Apple Book, Develop in Swift Fundamentals (available on iBooks)
- • Develop in Swift Data Collections for Design and Develop an iOS App
- An Apple Mac computer
- Playgrounds and Xcode
- Project files