Cross Cultural Communication
Why take this cred?
By undertaking this credential, you'll gain skills that will set you up for a lifetime of effective communication. You'll learn to listen actively, ask clarifying questions and communicate effectively, particularly when it comes to working with people from different cultural backgrounds.
This credential is developed in partnership with SBS.
- Describe the differences in greeting across cultures
- Recall Hofstede's dimensions and how they can be used to measure differences in values across cultures.
- Describe how cultural values affect communication styles
- Recognise the concept of 'face' and examples of how 'face' is expressed in some cultural contexts
- Distinguish how written and verbal expressions might vary across cultures
- Compare how non-verbal expressions might vary across cultures
- Recognise the role of slang in cross cultural communication
- Explain the difficulties translating humour across cultures
- Apply tips to successfully communicate with interpreters and translators
- Identify obstacles to successful cross cultural communication and measures that can be used to negate differences
Module 1: Importance of cultural values in communication
Module 2: Written and verbal expressions
Module 3: Nonverbal communication
Module 4: Communication styles across cultures
- A quiz on dimensions and communication
- An interactive: Aussie Slang
- An interactive: Hand gestures
- Self reflection assessments
- Final Assessment