Graduate Diploma in Mental Health NursingEntry requirements
- A Bachelor of Nursing degree, or equivalent, or a bachelor degree in psychiatric/mental health nursing from an approved higher education institution. (In the case of nurses with senior experience in mental health a Diploma may be considered equivalent.)
- Current registration or be eligible for registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- 840 hours of supervised clinical practice already completed in the field of mental health nursing OR you are completing this as part of a graduate year program in mental health nursing or supervised practice during the candidature
English language requirements
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.