Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
The Graduate Diploma incorporates 96 credit points.
The program structure includes a range of translating, interpreting, discourse and theory courses. Translating and interpreting electives may not be available in all languages and are offered subject to minimum numbers. All courses are worth 12 credit points unless otherwise noted.
- Theoretical bases of translating and interpreting
- Ethics and professional issues
- Discourse studies for translators and interpreters
- Translation and technology.
- Elective courses required for NAATI accreditation:
- Translation accrediting practice (24 credit points) and/or
- Interpreting accrediting practice (24 credit points).
Other program elective courses:
- Translation and technology
- Pedagogy of translating and interpreting.
You can also specialise your practice through additional elective courses in cross-cultural communication; social, health and welfare services; justice and security services; and international trade relations in Australia or overseas.
Plans are variations offered for a program such as specialisations, modes of delivery or location. Browse a plan to see the courses our students are currently studying.
Graduate Diploma in Translating and Interpreting
1 year full-time or 2 years part-time, (check Articulation & Pathways section for more detail)
1 year full-time
|City Campus||1 year full-time or 2 years part-time, (check Articulation & Pathways section for more detail) 1 year full-time||061260G|