Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
This program is designed to develop your capacity to deliver human services and to master current and emerging policy and practice trends.
You'll critically reflect on and analyse social policy and organisational practices and develop the skills necessary for advocating change. You'll graduate with the knowledge, skills and ethical foundations to bring about individual and collective well-being from a social justice perspective.
The Master of Social Work comprises of ten 12-credit-point core courses, two 24-credit-point core courses and two 12-credit-point elective courses. Most courses are offered face-to-face.
Core courses include:
- Critical Social Work
- Casework, Counselling and Advocacy
- Group and Community Work Strategies
- Ethical, Legal and Organisational Contexts of Social Work Practice
- Discourses of Care, Control and Protection
- Field Education 1
- Research Strategies - Social Sciences
- Contemporary Themes in Professional Practice
- Social Policy
- Rights, Recognition and Social Justice
- Field Education 2
- Professional Project.
Elective courses include:
- Advanced Advocacy and Social Action
- Conflict Resolution and Mediation
- Indigenous Policy
- Loss, Trauma and Grief
- Minor Thesis
- Social and Political Theory
- Working with Violence and Abuse.
Plans are variations offered for a program such as specialisations, modes of delivery or location. Browse a plan to see the courses our students are currently studying.
|MC150P15||Master of Social Work||Melbourne City Campus||2 years full time, 4 years part time||058234C|