Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
You must have successfully completed an Australian architecture-specific bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification).
You will be selected competitively based on your grades and folio.
Please note: You will receive an email prompt to complete the selection kit when you submit your direct application.
You must submit with your application:
- a personal statement outlining motivation for applying for the program (maximum one A4 sheet)
- a curriculum vitae (CV) including personal details, academic achievements and professional experience (any work experience you are currently undertaking)
- an academic transcript of academic results from previous or current studies
- a folio of your work – see below
If you are short-listed, you will be invited to attend an interview in December.
Format: A3 or A4 size PDF document
Maximum length: 30 pages
Maximum file size: 10MB
Your folio should include examples of your personal creative/design projects and concepts/ideas that lead to the final design piece. You may include any creative examples, including but not limited to:
- computer work
The Bachelor of Architectural Design from RMIT University with a GPA of 2.5 (out of 4.0) or above.
An Australian architecture specific Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification). You will be selected competitively based on your grades and folio.
If you have completed an equivalent Bachelor degree from another institution or are an RMIT graduate and do not meet the requirements for guaranteed entry, you will be required to attend a folio presentation.
Folio (hard copy or online): Your folio should include a package of images, drawings, sketches, paintings, models, photographs, computer work, etc. of personal creative/design projects as well as concepts/ideas that lead to the final design piece. Digital folios must be formatted as an A3 or A4 size PDF document with a maximum 30 pages and must not exceed a file size of 10MB.
Personal statement: You are required to submit a one page statement outlining your motivation for applying for the program (maximum one A4 sheet).
Curriculum vitae: You are required to submit a CV including your personal details, academic achievements and professional experience (any work experience you are currently undertaking).
Interview: Short-listed applicants will be required to attend an interview.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.