Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
You must have successfully completed an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in architecture or landscape architecture or a related design field.
You will be selected competitively based on your grades and folio.
Semester 1, 2018
- complete and submit the online selection kit as part of your RMIT direct application by 5pm Friday 10 November 2017
Once you submit your online application, you will be prompted to complete the pre-selection kit.
- some applicants will be required to attend an interview
- submissions may be considered after this date if places are available
The selection kit requires:
- a statement outlining why you wish to study this program, and your current research goals.
You may also wish to include why you want to pursue a career in design and how your work experience has informed your research interests (maximum 150 words).
- a statement outlining your academic achievements and professional experience including any work experience you are currently undertaking (maximum 300 words).
- a folio containing pieces from your undergraduate studies and, if available, professional projects.
Your folio should be a package of images, drawings, sketches, paintings, models, photographs, computer work, etc. of personal creative/design projects; should include concepts/ideas that lead to the final design piece.
You must collate your work into a single PDF (maximum 30 pages).
You may upoad your PDF (maximum 10MB) or supply a URL if it's hosted online.
If you successfully complete RMIT's Bachelor of Landscapre Architecture (BP256) with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 or more you are guaranteed entry in to this program
You must have successfully completed:
The Bachelor of Landscape Architectural Design from RMIT University with a GPA of 2.5 (out of 4.0) or above.
An Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in architecture or landscape architecture or a related design field. You will be selected competitively based on your grades and folio.
If you have completed an equivalent Bachelor degree from another institution or are an RMIT graduate and do not meet the requirements for guaranteed entry will be required to attend a folio presentation.
You are required to submit a completed pre-selection kit along with your application.
If you are short-listed, you will be contacted by the Postgraduate Selection Officer to arrange an interview.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.