Master of International BusinessCareer
It is expected that graduates will emerge with a broad approach to methods and practices of contemporary international business. These attributes make graduates a valuable asset to multinational corporations, joint ventures, financial institutions, law firms, consulting firms and manufacturers of both goods and services for whom catering to a global clientele is core business. The following are some of the most common positions available in the international business field:
- International Business Development Manager/Consultant
- CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Manager
- Sustainable Business Manager/Consultant
- International Mergers and Acquisitions Specialist
- International Investment Manager
- Import/Export Agent.
Guiding the development of the College of Business, both nationally and internationally, is an Industry Advisory Board of high-profile executives chaired by Gerhard Vorster, Chief Strategy Officer, Deloitte. The Board creates a strategic bridge between the latest in technology and design thinking and business.
Work-connected and industry-relevant options available for this program include:
- Working in a student team as part of the Fastrack Innovation Program. In this elective course you will work with mentors to develop and present a solution to a real problem. This form of fast-prototyping is designed so that external organisations can tap into fresh thinking from RMIT students.
- A Business Internship elective where you take up a position for one or two days per week for one semester. This position is normally unpaid and is designed to develop your soft skills and increase your overall employability upon graduation.
- BUSM4598 Business Skills for Start Ups, a course designed for students interested in starting up their own business.
Professional recognition and accreditation
Professional bodies may offer students and/or graduates membership, opportunities for entry into professional qualification programs and other career enhancing benefits.
For further information about membership and opportunities for students and graduates, please visit our accreditation and membership page.