Master of Nanotechnology and Smart MaterialsEntry requirements
An Australian bachelor degree or equivalent in applied science, science or engineering, with a Grade Point Average (GPA) no less than 2.5 out of 4.0.
Applicants with a GPA between 2.0 and 2.5 and with at least two years' relevant work experience may be considered.
International qualifications are assessed according to the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
You must have successfully completed:
An Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in applied science, science or engineering, with a minimum GPA of 2.5 (out of 4.0)
If you have a GPA between 2.0 and 2.5, you may also be considered if you have at least two years' relevant work experience in industry.
English language requirements
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
As this is an emerging and highly specialised area, standard exemptions for a bachelor degree are limited.
If you have completed the double degree BP247 Bachelor of Science (Nanotechnology)/Bachelor of Science (Applied Sciences) you will be eligible for 24 credit points of exemptions.
If you have a BSc or BEng or nano specialistion you may be eligible for credit. This will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
If you decide not to pursue the full master's qualification you can exit with a Graduate Diploma in Nanotechnology and Smart Materials after successfully completing 96 credit points.