Master of Engineering (Sustainable Energy)Career
Graduates are employed in local and international industries. They work on sustainable energy projects as energy managers, project managers and consultants.
On completion, graduates will be able to:
- plan and effectively manage an independent research project at a professional engineering level;
- locate and critically review scientific literature to inform the conduct and findings of a research project;
- apply engineering practices and research methods to undertake project work and evaluate project results;
- communicate findings to a professional audience.
Within their organisations, graduates take on lead roles in:
- developing and implementing plans to improve energy efficiency and productivity to cut fuel bills, and reduce greenhouse gas/pollution emissions to meet regulatory requirements
- researching, developing, demonstrating, commercialising, designing and evaluating innovative solar, wind and hydro, biomass, hydrogen and other sustainable energy supply, storage and utilisation technologies
- devising innovative sustainable solutions to current problems associated with adverse social and environmental problems linked to energy supply, distribution and consumption
- maintaining and optimising the performance of installed sustainable energy technologies and systems
- managing consultative processes with social groups affected by energy-related projects and developments.
Graduates have gone on to work at range of organisations including:
- Canadian Solar Inc.
- Exergy Australia Pty Ltd
- AGL Energy
- Origin Energy
- Genesis Now
- Schneider Electric
- T & O Energy Consulting Pty Ltd
- Acciona Energy
- DNV GL – Energy
Industry plays a vital role in the development, delivery and assessment of the program, through the program advisory committee, which include industry representatives, academic staff and alumni.
Some of the institutes, companies and industries that are inputting the program through sharing their projects with our students or delivering expert lectures include:
DNV GL – Energy
Moreland Energy Foundation
- Genesis Now