Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
This program aims to graduate you with a body of knowledge and specific technical skills to progress your professional career within the contemporary disaster management, design and development arena
During your studies you will gain advanced skills and knowledge to:
- Formulate and evaluate collaborative design informed strategies before and after disaster, while working within the constraints of industry needs in the post-disaster and development sectors.
- Determine and apply specialist knowledge and technical skills required to creatively solve problems, demonstrating expert judgment and ethical responsibility relating to your professional practice in disaster, design and development.
- Critically analyse, synthesize and reflect on complex theories and recent developments globally to extend and challenge knowledge and practice in design and development for disaster risk reduction and management.
- Professionally communicate propositions, processes and outcomes to address specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Provide leadership within your discipline as well as collaborate with others in multi-disciplinary contexts across the disaster and development sector.
- Use appropriate research methods to develop and implement complex projects, evaluate the outcomes and theorise about the contribution of your learning to the disaster management, design and development professions and knowledge areas.
View the current program structure (PDF 61KB)
Plans are variations offered for a program such as specialisations, modes of delivery or location. Browse a plan to see the courses our students are currently studying.
Master of Disaster, Design and Development
One year Full Time; Two years Part Time
One year Full Time
|City Campus||One year Full Time; Two years Part Time One year Full Time|