Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
You must have:
- successfully completed an Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in a related creative discipline
- undertaken at least five years of professional experience in photography
You must complete and submit the online pre-selection kit by Friday 10 November. Submissions may be considered after this date if places are available. When you submit your direct application you will receive an email prompt to complete the pre-selection kit.
To have your professional experience considered you must submit with your application a CV and a personal statement detailing your experience.
The pre-selection kit requires:
- a statement describing your current photography practice (include any website links) and what you are hoping to achieve with this program (maximum 250 words).
- a brief CV (maximum two pages).
- a folio of 10–20 photographs compiled into a single PDF or website folio.
The folio provided should reflect your current photographic achievements. Your folio must be collated in a single PDF (maximum size 10MB) or you may supply a URL to your folio. Please ensure the folio link contains a maximum of 20 images. Please only link to a folio containing work for this application, rather than a generic website. If your work is a collaboration, please detail precisely your role, and the role of the collaborator/s (maximum 200 words).
You must have successfully completed an Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in a relevant creative discipline.
You may also be considered if you have a minimum of 5 years' professional experience in photography. To have your professional experience considered in your application, you must include a CV and a statement that details your experience.
Pre-selection kit: You are required to submit a completed pre-selection kit (PDF 113KB, 3 pages) and attend a folio presentation. This can be conducted in person, via SKYPE or telephone.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.