Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
You will undertake the PhD program under the supervision of an appointed research supervisor.
The PhD program is structured to enable you to:
- complete a compulsory research methods course
- receive training in research integrity and ethics
- select studies in qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- complete a thesis/project which demonstrates your original contribution to the field and your ability to *communicate complex or original research for peers and the community to an international standard.
On completion of this program you will have developed the skills required to conduct independent research and will have contributed to the knowledge base of design research in field of fashion and textiles by undertaking an original, substantial and rigorous research project.
These skills will include the ability to:
- speculate through research
- organise and frame concepts emerging from research
- apply technology in innovative ways
- extend and explore the boundaries of your discipline through critical thinking
- communicate, argue and demonstrate findings publicly
- achieve a high level of reflection on the processes of research and
- achieve insights that arise from the research.
Plans are variations offered for a program such as specialisations, modes of delivery or location. Browse a plan to see the courses our students are currently studying.
Doctor of Philosophy
3-4 years full-time, 6-8 years part-time
3-4 years full-time
|Brunswick Campus||3-4 years full-time, 6-8 years part-time 3-4 years full-time||079719G|