*This credential is only available to current RMIT students
Every workplace has potential hazards, but the fashion industry comes with its own particular set of safety issues. It’s important to be across these risks before you even set foot in the workplace – so you can play your part in keeping yourself and your co-workers safe.
This course takes you through all the safety issues specific to sewing rooms and clothing production. You’ll find out how to set up and use sewing machinery safely, learn about appropriate workplace clothing, and gain vital knowledge of safe workplace practices for the fashion industry.
- Identify and control hazards in a sewing production room
- Apply safety procedures in a sewing production room
- Work safely with sewing machinery and equipment
- hazards specific to sewing production rooms
- safety production room procedures
- safe use of sewing machinery and equipment.
Through online activities and assessment, the earner of this credential demonstrated an understanding of the hazards specific to sewing production rooms and how to operate safely in that environment, as well as showing knowledge of how to set up and use sewing equipment safely.