Associate Degree in Information TechnologyEntry requirements
RMIT is committed to admissions transparency. View the 2017 ATAR distribution information for our degrees and information about how admissions work at RMIT.
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification) with a minimum 50% average (check calculator below).
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee entry. Your application will still need to be assessed and accepted.
Form: Non-Year 12 applicants may submit additional information if they would like it to be considered.
- For semester 1 intake, this can be completed through the VTAC Personal Statement online.
- For semester 2 intake, this can be completed through the personal statement in the Apply Direct application.
English language requirements
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.0 (with no individual band below 5.5)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 550 (TWE 4.0)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 79 (with minimum of 19 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 50 (with no communication band less than 42)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 169 with no less than 162 in any component
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
Graduates who achieve a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 out of 4.0 are guaranteed entry with two years of credit (equivalent to 192 credit points) into one of the following degrees:
Please note the amount of time required to complete the above programs may exceed one year due to the availability and sequencing of some major electives and is also dependent on which semester you commence the program.
Graduates who achieve a (GPA) of at least 3.0 out of 4.0 may be eligible for some credit into the following programs, if successful in gaining a place:
When you successfully complete the Associate Degree in Information Technology you can gain entry to a range of other RMIT programs. The grades you achieve plus any other program requirements determine the programs you can get into and the amount of credit you will receive.
If you achieve a minimum GPA of 2.0, you may receive four semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 192 credit points) in the following programs:
If you achieve a minimum GPA of 3.0, you may receive two semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 96 credit points) in the following programs.
If you achieve a minimum GPA of 3.0, you may receive one semester of advanced standing (equivalent to 72 credit points) in the Bachelor of Information Technology (Games and Graphics Programming).
Alternatively, you may be eligible for entry into other RMIT undergraduate programs.