Associate Degree in Information TechnologyProgram details
Graduates can specialise in system administration, networking, technical support, computer programming, web development, database administration, software development, and IT security.
This practical two-year associate degree gives you the basic skills required to perform a range of in-demand specialist IT functions such as technical support, software development/installation, network engineering/administration and provides a guaranteed pathway into a relevant bachelor degree.
Study in our computer laboratories on old and new technology allowing you to enter the workforce with relevant skills for today’s IT industry.
- Learn how to build a secure network for an office environment
- Develop a suite of skills to troubleshoot common technical problems
- Set up VPNs
- Develop software to meet business needs
- Configure datacentre virtualisation
How you will learn
Through a blend of theory and hands-on practical courses you'll develop a broad range of skills in:
- computer hardware
- user centred design
- networking (including CISCO - CCNA systems)
- operating systems administration
- web computing
Lab work is a major component, with learning activities focused on practical application of technical skills. You'll be assessed on technical competence both in practice and theory.