Associate Degree in BusinessEntry requirements
Current Year 12:
Successful completion of an Australian Year 12 or equivalent, with a minimum ATAR of 50, or equivalent.
Non Year 12:
Successful completion of a Diploma or Advanced Diploma; or
Successful completion of the equivalent of 1 semester of full-time study^ in a Higher Education Diploma program.
^ One semester of full-time study relates to a block of study: 4 out of 4 or 3 out of 3 courses within a semester.
RMIT is committed to admissions transparency. View the 2017 ATAR distribution information for our degrees and information about how admissions work at RMIT.
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification) with a minimum 50% average (check calculator below).
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee entry. Your application will still need to be assessed and accepted.
English language requirements
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.0 (with no individual band below 5.5)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 550 (TWE 4.0)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 79 (with minimum of 19 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 50 (with no communication band less than 42)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 169 with no less than 162 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
Graduates of the Associate Degree in Business may apply for exemptions from any RMIT Bachelor of Business degree, subject to meeting each program's entry requirements.
For details about pathways and the duration of your studies, please visit the recognised pathways page.
You are guaranteed entry into the Associate Degree in Business with credit when you successfully complete the following RMIT programs:
- Advanced Diploma of Accounting - you will receive 2 semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 96 credit points)
- Advanced Diploma of International Business - you will receive 1 semester of advanced standing (equivalent to 84 credit points)
- Diploma of Commerce - you will receive 2 semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 96 credit points)
- Diploma of Information Technology - you will receive 28 credit points
- Diploma of Financial Services - you will receive 12 credit points
Coming from a partner institution?
RMIT has pathway arrangements with many partner institutions around the world.
If your institution has a pathway arrangement with RMIT you may be able to receive credit and reduce the time it will take to complete your preferred RMIT program.
If you have qualifications from an institution that is not an RMIT partner, credit into your RMIT program will be assessed on a case by case basis.
When you successfully complete the Associate Degree in Business you are guaranteed entry into a range of other RMIT programs.
You will receive 4 semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 192 credit points) in the following programs:
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy)
- Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship)
- Bachelor of Business (Financial Planning)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Information Systems)
- Bachelor of Business (International Business)
- Bachelor of Business (Logistics and Supply Chain Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
You will receive 3 semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 144 credit points) in the following programs:
You will receive 3 semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 156 credit points) in the following programs:
- Bachelor of Business (Financial Planning) / Bachelor of Business (Accountancy)
- Bachelor of Business (International Business) (Applied)
- Bachelor of Business (Logistics and Supply Chain Management) (Applied)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (Applied)
- Bachelor of Business (Professional Accountancy)
You will receive 2 semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 120 credit points) in the Bachelor of Business (Economics and Finance) (Applied).
For more detailed information on the above pathways, please refer to College of Business Vocational Education to Higher Education Advanced Standing.
Alternatively, you may be eligible for entry into other RMIT undergraduate programs.