Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
You will study in state-of-the-art facilities at RMIT’s Brunswick campus with experienced teachers who are connected with major industry bodies such as the International Foundation for Fashion Technology Institutes (IFFTI).
You will work on real-world industry briefs with major Australian and international companies, such as the RMIT and University of Salford (England) 7-hour design challenge and have the opportunity to be involved with a number of exhibitions and competitions.
Study tours to the UK and France are also offered.
- design and create fashion garments with an emphasis on design, drawing and illustration, textiles and pattern making,
- study commercial and creative fashion trends
- develop CAD skills on Illustrator and Photoshop
- learn about fibres and fabric
- choose a specialisation/stream in fashion design or fashion knitwear.
- research and create original designs
- develop a deeper understanding of the design, production and fashion business within your specialisation/stream
- undertake real-life design briefs with fashion companies
- work with industry on real projects to produce a range of designs and garments
- develop quality design prototypes, marketing strategies and a final range presentation to professional industry standards.
Graduates of this program can apply to complete one additional year of study to gain the Bachelor of Applied Science (Fashion Technology).
Plans are variations offered for a program such as specialisations, modes of delivery or location. Browse a plan to see the courses our students are currently studying.
Associate Degree in Fashion Design and Technology
|Brunswick Campus||2 years||074685J|