Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
Through your studies you will develop in-depth knowledge on range development, colour, fabric, trends and budgeting, including technical specifications and computer-aided design and manufacture (CAD/CAM).
You will study in authentic studio settings with state-of-the-art machinery, equipment and technology. This environment will provide you with the learning space to develop work-ready skills and knowledge.
- design and create fashion garments with an emphasis on design, drawing and illustration, textiles and pattern making,
- study commercial and creative fashion trends
- develop CAD skills on Illustrator and Photoshop
- learn about fibres and fabric
- choose a specialisation/stream in fashion design or fashion knitwear
- research and create original designs
- develop a deeper understanding of the design, production and fashion business within your specialisation/stream
- undertake real-life design briefs with fashion companies
- work with industry on real projects to produce a range of designs and garments
- develop quality design prototypes, marketing strategies and a final range presentation to professional industry standards
Graduates of this program can apply to complete one additional year of study to gain the Bachelor of Fashion (Design Technology).
Plans are variations offered for a program such as specialisations, modes of delivery or location. Browse a plan to see the courses our students are currently studying.
Associate Degree in Fashion Design and Technology
2 years full-time
2 years full-time
|Brunswick Campus||2 years full-time 2 years full-time||074685J|