Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification).
Midyear entry is available to advanced level applicants only.
You must have successfully completed:
- the Advanced Diploma of Music Industry (Sound Production)
- at least one year of a degree in a related discipline, including music, music business, music culture, music industry, music marketing, music media, music performance, music production, music/live technology, music video, sound design or audio production.
Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or at least 25 in English other than EAL.
You must include with your application:
- a personal statement outlining:
- your reasons for wanting to study this program
- your awareness of current music industry issues
- your career aspirations.
- a CV that shows evidence of any music performance, production or other industry experience. Evidence may include YouTube, SoundCloud or other website links. Please ensure that all links are correct. For collaborative work, applicants must detail their role and the role of the collaborator(s).
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification) with a minimum 70% average (check calculator below).
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post-secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee entry. Your application will still need to be assessed and accepted.
Statement: If you have completed an Australian Year 12 or equivalent senior secondary school studies more than 12 months ago must include with your application a statement explaining your reasons for wanting to study the course. You should also provide a CV which shows evidence of any performance, sound production or event management experience. Evidence may include links via YouTube, websites, etc. Make sure all links are correct and that the materials play on most common browsers. If your work is a collaboration please detail precisely your role and the role of the collaborator/s.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
If you don't meet the entry requirements, there may be other RMIT programs you are eligible for that can lead you to your preferred program. Explore pathway options.