Bachelor of Computer ScienceEntry requirements
RMIT is committed to admissions transparency. View the 2017 ATAR distribution information for our degrees and information about how admissions work at RMIT.
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee entry. Your application will still need to be assessed and accepted.
Form: Non-Year 12 applicants may submit additional information if they would like it to be considered.
- For semester 1 intake, this can be completed through the VTAC Personal Statement online.
- For semester 2 intake, this can be completed through the personal statement in the Apply Direct application.
SEAS Form: This is a gender under-represented program and awards SEAS bonus points to female applicants. To be eligible you must submit a VTAC SEAS application and select category 1.
English language requirements
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
Graduates of the RMIT Associate Degree in Information Technology who achieve a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 out of 4.0 may be eligible for credit of up to one year (equivalent to 96 credit points), if successful in gaining a place.
Please note that the amount of time required to complete the program may exceed one year due to the availability and sequencing of some major electives and is also dependent on which semester you commence the program.
When you successfully complete the Associate Degree in Information Technology and achieve a minimum GPA of 3.0, you may be eligible for entry in the Bachelor of Computer Science with 2 semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 96 credit points).
Coming from a partner institution?
RMIT has pathway arrangements with many partner institutions around the world.
If your institution has a pathway arrangement with RMIT you may be able to receive credit and reduce the time it will take to complete your preferred RMIT program.
If you have qualifications from an institution that is not an RMIT partner, credit into your RMIT program will be assessed on a case by case basis.
When you successfully complete the Bachelor of Computer Science you may be eligible for entry to the Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours)