Bachelor of Computer ScienceEntry requirements
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee entry. Your application will still need to be assessed and accepted.
English language requirements
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
Graduates of the RMIT Associate Degree in Information Technology who achieve a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 out of 4.0 may be eligible for credit of up to 1.5 years (equivalent to 144 credit points), if successful in gaining a place.
Please note that the amount of time required to complete the program may exceed 1.5 years due to the availability and sequencing of some major electives and is also dependent on which semester you commence the program.
When you successfully complete the Associate Degree in Information Technology and achieve a minimum GPA of 3.0, you may be eligible for entry in the Bachelor of Computer Science with 2 semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 96 credit points).
When you successfully complete the Bachelor of Computer Science you may be eligible for entry to the Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours)