Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
In this practical, hands-on, studio-based program you will study with experienced lecturers who are connected with major industry bodies such as the Design Institute of Australia.
Students will have the opportunity to work on ’real-world’ briefs with Australian and international design companies such as Ladelle, Dryen Australia and Country Road.
You may also study abroad for 1 or 2 semesters at an RMIT-affiliated institution
You will study:
- hands-on printing, weaving and machine knitting
- CS6 software for repeat design, storyboarding, digital textile design, communication and illustration
- core textile paper design skills
- croquis, colour, media and illustration techniques
- folio and presentation skills.
You will specialise and develop your key skills in surface pattern design (print) or constructed textiles (knit and weave), and:
- design for a broad range of projects using specialist textile software
- be involved in industry projects focused on social and historical aspects of textile design
- select two creative university electives.
You will participate in:
- the Textile Industry Engagement and Professional Practice course, which has an emphasis on creating the right folio for industry presentations;
- real-time briefs to create a folio of diverse projects that emphasise your skills and critical thinking;
- the end of year degree show, exhibiting your work to our industry and community partners;
- work-integrated learning (WIL) with an approved textile or fashion company or a suitable creative enterprise.
Plans are variations offered for a program such as specialisations, modes of delivery or location. Browse a plan to see the courses our students are currently studying.
Bachelor of Arts (Textile Design)
3 years full time
3 years full time
|Brunswick Campus||3 years full time 3 years full time||006851G|