Bachelor of Information TechnologyEntry requirements
RMIT is committed to admissions transparency. View the 2017 ATAR distribution information for our degrees and information about how admissions work at RMIT.
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee entry. Your application will still need to be assessed and accepted.
VCE Units 3 and 4 in Mathematics (any), with a study score of at least 20.
Form: Non-Year 12 applicants may submit additional information if they would like it to be considered.
- For semester 1 intake, this can be completed through the VTAC Personal Statement online.
- For semester 2 intake, this can be completed through the personal statement in the Apply Direct application.
SEAS Form: This is a gender under-represented program and awards SEAS bonus points to female applicants. To be eligible you must submit a VTAC SEAS application and select category 1.
English language requirements
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
Graduates of the RMIT Associate Degree in Information Technology who achieve a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 out of 4.0 are guaranteed entry with two years' credit (equivalent to 192 credit points).
Please note that the amount of time required to complete the program may exceed one year due to the availability and sequencing of some major electives and is also dependent on which semester you commence the program.
You are guaranteed entry to the Bachelor of Information Technology from a range of RMIT programs. Successful completion and the grades you achieve determine the amount of credit you will receive.
If you achieve a minimum GPA of 2.0 in the Associate Degree in Information Technology, you will receive 4 semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 192 credit points).
When you successfully complete this program you may be eligible for entry to the Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours).