Bachelor of Environmental ScienceEntry requirements
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee entry. Your application will still need to be assessed and accepted.
Higher Mathematics; or
VCE Units 3 and 4 in Mathematical Methods (CAS) or Specialist Mathematics, with a study score of at least 20.
English language requirements
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
When you successfully complete the Diploma of Conservation and Land Management you are guaranteed entry in the Bachelor of Environmental Science.
The major discipline and any complementary discipline you choose to study in the bachelor degree determine the amount of credit you will receive:
- Environmental Biology (major) – you will receive 2 semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 96 credit points)
- Environmental Biology (major) plus Geospatial Science (complementary) – you will receive 2 semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 108 credit points)
- Environmental Chemistry (major) – you will receive 1 semester of advanced standing (equivalent to 72 credit points)
- Environmental Chemistry (major) plus Geospatial Science (complementary) – you will receive 1 semester of advanced standing (equivalent to 84 credit points)
When you successfully complete this program you may be eligible for entry to the Bachelor of Science (Applied Sciences) (Honours).