Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification) with a minimum 65% average.
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies Program or a recognised post-secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee entry. Your application will still need to be assessed and accepted.
Selection tasks for international students
Semester 1, 2017
- Attend the creative exercise on:
- 24 or 25 November 2016
Details will be emailed by 5pm 21 October 2016. Applicants who have not received notification must email firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5pm 24 October 2016.
- Attend a folio presentation (short-listed applicants only) on 6, 7 or 8 December
Applicants living interstate or overseas must contact email@example.com by 24 October 2016 regarding alternative arrangements.
Advisory letters will be emailed by 5pm 16 December 2016.
Creative Exercise: You will be asked to respond to a creative brief.
Folio: You must supply evidence of your creativity in the form of a folio that contains a variety of your personal work in art, design or media relevant to the program/s you are applying for. The folio should demonstrate your interests and creative thinking as well as your conceptual, design, problem solving and technical skills. You should include evidence of how ideas were developed as well as finished works.
Examples of work to include in your folio are drawings, paintings, graphic designs, photographs, digital images, models, sculpture, video, scripting, short stories, and/or 2D and 3D Flash animation.
We recommend you explain each work to help the Selection Officer understand the purpose and background of that work.
Folios should be submitted electronically on a CD with files in PDF, JPEG, SWF, DCR or QuickTime format suitable to be read on Mac OSX or later, unless otherwise specified. Each electronic file should be no larger than 10MB. You must present your folio at an assessment session (if you are living outside Melbourne, this can be conducted via email, phone or Skype).
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 33 in English (EAL) or at least 28 in English other than EAL.
- complete a creative exercise. You will be contacted via email after submitting your application with details of how to complete the creative exercise.
- attend a folio presentation (some applicants). If you are required to attend we will contact you via email with details.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
If you don't meet the entry requirements, there may be other RMIT programs you are eligible for that can lead you to your preferred program. Explore pathway options.