Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
This program is suited to students who already have significant working experience, or for those who want to extend studies in business and related disciplines by choosing from a range of second majors and minors to suit career or personal development goals.
The program consists of 24 courses (each 12 credit points) and includes:
- 8 compulsory common business core courses
- 8 marketing discipline major courses
- 8 flexible courses.
The 8 flexible courses may be selected from three options:
- a second business discipline major (8 courses)
- a compulsory business discipline minor (4 courses) plus second minor (any discipline)
a compulsory business discipline minor (4 courses) plus 4 electives.
A second business major can be selected from:
- financial planning
- human resource management
- information systems
- international business
- logistics and supply chain management
Business minors (PDF 183KB 13p) can be selected from the same disciplines as listed above, as well as behavioural business, business analysis, economics and finance, financial planning and taxation, human resource practice, IS security and risk management, or law. Other minors can be selected from many disciplines offered across RMIT.
Marketing degree students may also select from three advanced marketing minors:
- Marketing extension: builds on marketing and communications as well as business ethics.
- Societal marketing: explores the impact of marketing beyond the brand and company, but also for society, and in different cultural contexts.
- Specialist marketing: explores marketing principles and strategies in distinct contexts (global marketing, B2B marketing, retailing).
When planning your studies, you are advised to check which elective and minor courses are offered each year.
If you choose electives as your flexible courses, you may wish to consider business internship electives, global experiience options such as internships or study tours, or BUSM4599 Business Skills for Start Ups, a course designed for students interested in starting up their own business, covering the stages from concept through to launch.
Plans are variations offered for a program such as specialisations, modes of delivery or location. Browse a plan to see the courses our students are currently studying.
Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
3 years full-time or part-time equivalent
3 years full-time
|City Campus||3 years full-time or part-time equivalent 3 years full-time||063200D|