Bachelor of Business (Accountancy)Entry requirements
RMIT is committed to admissions transparency. View the 2018 ATAR distribution information for our degrees and information about how admissions work at RMIT.
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee entry. Your application will still need to be assessed and accepted.
English language requirements
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
Graduates of many RMIT vocational education and associate degree programs may be eligible to apply for exemptions. For details about pathways and the duration of your studies, please visit the recognised pathways page.
An Honours year program is available to exceptional students.
You are guaranteed entry into the Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) with credit when you successfully complete the following RMIT programs:
- Associate Degree in Business - you will receive 4 semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 192 credit points)
- Advanced Diploma of Accounting - you will receive 4 semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 192 credit points)
- Advanced Diploma of International Business - you will receive 3 semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 144 credit points)
- Diploma of Commerce - you will receive 2 semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 96 credit points)
- Diploma of Information Technology - you will receive 2 semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 96 credit points)
- Diploma of Financial Services - you will receive 2 semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 96 credit points)
For more detailed information on the above pathways, please refer to the College of Business Vocational Education to Higher Education Advanced Standing.
Coming from a partner institution?
RMIT has pathway arrangements with many partner institutions around the world.
If your institution has a pathway arrangement with RMIT you may be able to receive credit and reduce the time it will take to complete your preferred RMIT program.
If you have qualifications from an institution that is not an RMIT partner, credit into your RMIT program will be assessed on a case by case basis.
When you successfully complete this program you may be eligible for entry into the following programs: