Bachelor of Criminology and PsychologyEntry requirements
RMIT is committed to admissions transparency. View the 2017 ATAR distribution information for our degrees and information about how admissions work at RMIT.
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post-secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee entry. Your application will still need to be assessed and accepted.
If you are not studying year 12 in 2016 you must submit a personal statement outlining:
- your reasons for wanting to study this program
- your intended career path
- your personal strengths and attributes relevant to the program
- details of any related work or voluntary experience.
Applicants studying year 12 in 2016, or who do not submit a personal statement, will be considered on the basis of academic achievement e.g. ATAR.
English language requirements
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
When you successfully complete the following Advanced Diplomas and achieve a minimum GPA of 3.0, you are guaranteed entry into the Bachelor of Criminology and Psychology with credit (36 credit points):
Coming from a partner institution?
RMIT has pathway arrangements with many partner institutions around the world.
If your institution has a pathway arrangement with RMIT you may be able to receive credit and reduce the time it will take to complete your preferred RMIT program.
If you have qualifications from an institution that is not an RMIT partner, credit into your RMIT program will be assessed on a case by case basis.