Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
Current Year 12 prerequisites units 3 and 4 - a study score of at least 20 in one of Mathematical Methods (any) or Specialist Mathematics; and a study score of at least 25 in any English (except EAL) or at least 30 in English (EAL).
Form: Non-Year 12 applicants may submit additional information if they would like it to be considered.
- For semester 1 intake, this can be completed through the VTAC Personal Statement online.
- For semester 2 intake, this can be completed through the personal statement in the Apply Direct application.
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification) with a minimum average of 70% (check calculator below).
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee entry. Your application will still need to be assessed and accepted.
Higher Mathematics or VCE Mathematical Methods (CAS).
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper based): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): 176 with no less than 169 in any component
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
If you don't meet the entry requirements, there may be other RMIT programs you are eligible for that can lead you to your preferred program. Explore your pathway options.