Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
To be accepted into this honours program you need to satisfy the following three criteria:
- A bachelor's degree in one of the following cognate areas: biomedical science, laboratory medicine, medical radiation, exercise science, physical science, pharmaceutical science, Chinese medicine or a closely related undergraduate degree in the sciences
- A minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 out of 4.0 from a university
- Your research proposal will be considered on a case-by-case basis by both the program coordinator and proposed supervisor. Their decision will determine your eligibility to be accepted into this program.
Applicants who completed their undergraduate program more than five years ago should submit a portfolio of evidence of professional development related to industry experience. International qualifications are assessed for comparability to Australian qualifications according to the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
You must have successfully completed an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in Biomedical Science, Laboratory Medicine, Pharmaceutical Science, Medical Radiations, Exercise and Sports Science or a related discipline with a minimum GPA of 2.5 (out of 4.0).
The Honours program has a significant research component. Prior to submitting your application, you must contact the School and confirm a supervisor and a research topic.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper based): TOEFL (Paper based): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) 176 with no less than 169 in any component
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
Inherent requirements: non-academic abilities you'll need to complete this program
Some inherent requirements for this program include:
- reading, writing and number skills for understanding and completing laboratory reports, calculating and measuring chemicals
- vision and hearing to accurately gain information and undertake laboratory tasks
- physical skills to perform laboratory tasks
- managing your behaviour and emotions to safely and competently conduct laboratory tasks
- time-based problem-solving when working on laboratory tasks
Who are they for?
Inherent requirements apply to every applicant and may be worth considering if you are living with disability, long-term illness and/or a mental health condition.
Why do you need to know?
By understanding the types of activities you’ll participate in, and the non-academic abilities you may need in this program, you can:
- understand more about the program
- determine if you may need support during your studies
- make an informed decision about whether the program is suitable for you
What support is available?
If there are any activities outlined which may be difficult for you to undertake, please discuss this with RMIT program staff or the Equitable Learning Services (ELS).
If you are living with disability, long-term illness and/or a mental health condition, we may be able to support you by making adjustments to activities in your program so that you can participate fully in your studies.
To receive learning adjustments, you need to register with ELS.