Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
You should have completed an undergraduate degree in Statistics or a related field with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.5 out 4.
Applicants must contact the Honours Coordinator, Dr Stephen Davis to discuss a research topic and supervisor prior to applying.
You must have successfully completed an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in a Mathematics/Statistics and/or Operations Research with a major in at least one of the areas of Statistics, Operations Research, Numerical Analysis, Pure and Applied mathematics with a minimum GPA of 2.5 ( out of 4.0).
The Honours program has a significant research component. Prior to submitting your application, you must contact the School and confirm a supervisor and a research topic.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper based): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE A)): minimum score of 58 (with no band less than 50)
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE): CAE Grade B (with no communication band less than Good)
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.