Bachelor of Engineering (Aerospace Engineering) (Honours)Entry requirements
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee entry. Your application will still need to be assessed and accepted.
Higher Mathematics; or
VCE Units 3 and 4 in Mathematical Methods (CAS), with a study score of at least 25.
English language requirements
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
Form: Non-Year 12 applicants may submit additional information if they would like it to be considered.
- For semester 1 intake, this can be completed through the VTAC Personal Statement online.
- For semester 2 intake, this can be completed through the personal statement in the Apply Direct application.
Graduates of the RMIT Associate Degree in Engineering Technology with a major in aerospace engineering who achieve a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 out of 4.0 are guaranteed entry with two years credit (equivalent to 192 credit points).
Graduates of the RMIT Advanced Diploma in Engineering (Aeronautical) with a GPA of at least 3.0 out of 4.0 may be able to receive up to 1.5 years credit (equivalent of 144 credit points) if successful in gaining a place.
You are guaranteed entry to the Bachelor of Engineering (Aerospace Engineering) (Honours) from a range of RMIT programs. Successful completion and the grades you achieve determine the amount of credit you will receive.
If you achieve a minimum GPA of 2.0 in the Associate Degree in Engineering Technology Aerospace major, you will receive 4 semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 192 credit points).
If you achieve a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the Advanced Diploma of Engineering (Aeronautical), you will receive 3 semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 144 credit points).