Upon completion of this certificate, you will be able to:
- describe the fundamental and applied scientific knowledge that underpins this discipline
- demonstrate an in-depth understakding of the spatial models and mathematical methods used in industry practice
- apply models of catographic communication
- solve a range of measurement and data management problems
- perform spatial computations in two and three dimensions
- interpret and critically analyse results
Geospatial Science is a highly practical discipline. You will learn through face-to-face lectures, tutorials and extensive practical activities. While most of your subjects will be delivered on-campus, some may be delivered online.
The learning objectives of this certificate are to develop essential introductory knowledge and fundamental skills which can lead you towards aspects of work and research in the geospatial sciences and surveying industries, and to build practical skills through field work, presentations, projects and reports.
You will have the opportunity to engage in field excursions, camps and other off site activities, including those held at our specialist computer laboratories.
Assessment is multi-faceted and may consist of tests, practical reports, field work, projects and assignments, and oral presentations.