Advanced Diploma of MyotherapyProgram details
Through this program you'll develop advanced techniques to treat myofascial pain, joint pain and neuropathic pain - from the nervous system.
You'll deepen your understanding of the musculoskeletal system and inherent movement patterns. You'll apply clinical reasoning to uncover the underlying causes of pain, develop sophisticated skills in palpation, perform refined movement assessment tests, functional movement analysis, and neuro-dynamic testing.
You'll increase your skills with treatment methods including deep tissue modalities, myofascial techniques, trigger-point therapy, dynamic cupping, myofascial dry needling, neuro-dynamic mobilisation, prescriptive and rehabilitation exercises, joint mobilisation and pain management techniques.
With a focus on practical applications, you will learn to enhance your client consultation practices, develop preventive management plans, and use evidence-based treatment protocols.
At RMIT's myotherapy teaching clinic, you'll be able to apply your practical skills and learn advanced business skills needed to manage staff and run your own practice.
You will also have the opportunity to undertake a placement with one of RMIT's industry placement partners.
How will you learn
You'll develop the advanced skills and knowledge to extend your career opportunities as a myotherapist, including:
- myofascial dry needling, functional movement and corrective exercises
- advanced hands-on techniques for treatment of a wide range of conditions and pathologies
- further clinical knowledge in assessment procedures and protocols, orthopaedic assessment and treatment techniques, neuro-dynamic assessment and treatment, and treatment planning
- comprehensive understanding of how to discover and implement current research in your everyday practice
- advanced business skills, so you can run your own myotherapy practice.
You will be given the opportunity to undertake learning and assessment in a workplace, external clinical placements and the RMIT myotherapy teaching clinic. Students will also be asked to complete a research assignment.
Myotherapy students practise internationally
RMIT Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy students went to Udaipur in India as part of an international work placement to further their professional practice in a rewarding and life changing experience.
A chance encounter with myotherapy when Courtney Saunders was dealing with injury led her to enrol in the Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy.