Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school) qualification.
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification) with a minimum 50% average (check calculator below).
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post-secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee entry. Your application will still need to be assessed and accepted.
You must demonstrate proficiency in the language other than English (LOTE) that you wish to study in this program.
To meet the LOTE requirement you must:
- have completed a recognised year 12 or senior secondary school qualification (equivalent to an Australian year 12) or tertiary qualification taught in the LOTE you are applying to study in the program.
- complete an RMIT administered LOTE test. The LOTE test includes reading, writing and translating from your second language into your first language (one of them must be English). The program may also make arrangement for an oral test if it deems necessary.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Upper Intermediate Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
If you don't meet the entry requirements, there may be other RMIT programs you are eligible for that can lead you to your preferred program. Explore pathway options.
Use your bilingual skills to facilitate cross-cultural communication
Become a professional interpreter, specialising in medical and research terminology and working in complex settings with culturally and linguistically diverse communities.