Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
In the Advanced Diploma of Surveying, you will:
- further your knowledge in drafting, project management, detailed surveying equipment use, monitoring and quality control
- focus on developing your practical experience using industry-standard equipment
- use various surveying technologies and software for electronic data capture, processing and presentation
- take part in land development exercises and learn cadastral surveying (surveying relating to land ownership and property boundaries) in a project environment
Throughout this program, you’ll develop the capacity to:
- manage risk
- conduct advanced GNSS control surveys
- conduct complex engineering set-out surveys
- monitor engineering structures
- plan and implement surveying projects
- apply land and planning law to surveying
- conduct advanced remote sensing analysis
- develop and manage a budget
- use advanced 2D and 3D computer aided drafting techniques
As part of this program, you will undertake a major project involving developing responses to real-world surveying problems. You will take on the role of a surveying party leader and conduct research into your chosen issue, undertake fieldwork, develop documentation and present your findings in a simulated industry setting. You are strongly encouraged to liaise with real-life employers to develop and deliver this project.
Plans are variations offered for a program such as specialisations, modes of delivery or location. Browse a plan to see the courses our students are currently studying.
Advanced Diploma of Surveying
One year, full time
One year, full time
|City Campus||One year, full time One year, full time|
Advance your career in a high demand industry
Simulate a work project and act as a surveying team leader to design your own spatial project plan.