Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
This program focuses on the rules and practical aspects of copper, optical fibre and computer cabling installations. It comprises six core and nine specialist units in the major study areas.
The following list shows the program structure:
- Organise and monitor cabling to ensure compliance with regulatory and industry standards
- Use hand and power tools
- Use electrical skills in telecommunications work
- Work effectively in a telecommunications team
- Install, splice and terminate optical fibre cables
- Install, terminate and certify structured computer cabling installation
- Place and secure customer cable
- Install and test an internet protocol
- Install telecommunications earthing system
- Follow work, health and safety, and environmental policy and procedures
- Alter services to existing cable system
Plans are variations offered for a program such as specialisations, modes of delivery or location. Browse a plan to see the courses our students are currently studying.
Certificate II in Telecommunications Technology
1 Year, Part-Time
|City Campus||1 Year, Part-Time|