Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
There are no minimum requirements.
Students will be required to hold a valid Police Check prior to undertaking practical placements.
Inherent requirements: non-academic abilities you’ll need to complete this program
Some inherent requirements for this program include:
- reading and writing skills for understanding and contributing to client case notes and client care plans
- vision and touch to accurately gain information and support clients
- physical skills to perform client care
- managing your behaviour and emotions to provide safe and competent support care
- time-based problem-solving when working with clients
Who are they for?
Inherent requirements apply to every applicant and may be worth considering if you are living with disability, long-term illness and/or a mental health condition.
Why do you need to know?
By understanding the types of activities you’ll participate in, and the non-academic abilities you may need in this program, you can:
- understand more about the program
- determine if you may need support during your studies
- make an informed decision about whether the program is suitable for you.
What support is available?
If there are any activities that may be difficult for you to undertake, please discuss this with RMIT program staff or Equitable Learning Services (ELS).
If you are living with disability, long-term illness and/or a mental health condition, we may be able to support you by making adjustments to activities in your program so that you can participate fully in your studies.
To receive learning adjustments, you need to register with ELS.