Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
You’ll learn how to provide assistance to allied health professionals in various settings and be introduced to:
- basic anatomy and physiology for the recognition of body systems
- medical terminology
- the skills to work effectively with clients and other staff
- Work Health and Safety (WHS) and infection control
You’ll also take complete clinical placements. Placements are generally conducted on a full-time basis.
As part of your physiotherapy studies, you’ll learn the practical skills to support treatments, including:
- the delivery and monitoring of therapeutic exercise programs developed by a physiotherapist
- how to support individuals taking part in group physiotherapy programs
- delivery of therapeutic practices for clients and assist clients with specific mobility requirements
You’ll gain occupational therapy skills through rehabilitation studies, allowing you to:
- assist in the development of active support strategies
- assist in daily living skill development outcomes
- support the fitting of assistive equipment
Choose from elective studies in foot hygiene, dysphagia and nutrition.
You’ll also gain skills in cultural diversity, sensitivity and how to cope with challenging behaviour.
Plans are variations offered for a program such as specialisations, modes of delivery or location. Browse a plan to see the courses our students are currently studying.
Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance
10 Months Full time, 12 Months Part Time
10 Months Full time
|City Campus||10 Months Full time, 12 Months Part Time 10 Months Full time|