Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
Further your career as a trainer and assessor by developing advanced skills for the vocational education and training (VET) sector.
You’ll gain skills and knowledge necessary for:
- teaching and assessing across a range of VET-related contexts
- facilitating new insights and problem solving when working with learners
- managing the learning process to facilitate change and action in learners
- effective self-assessment in your role as teacher/trainer in a VET environment
- resource and program development
- facilitating e-learning.
This nationally-accredited program is suitable for people who have the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent qualifications and experience in competency-based training.
Completing the Diploma of Vocational Education and Training will make you eligible for a second qualification, the Diploma of Training Design and Development. Contact the School to find out more about this option.
RMIT offers a variety of learning and teaching approaches including work place based projects, workshops, presentations, group discussions and syndicate work.
You will have access to online resources through the myRMIT student portal.
This program is led by highly experienced and well qualified trainers who model exceptional training skills, giving you the opportunity to practise these skills in a supportive class environment as well as engaging in workplace projects.
Ongoing assessment throughout the semester includes reports, oral classes, presentations, group projects, research projects and practical assignments.
You will engage in workplace-based projects relating to the design, delivery and assessment of training. Recent student projects include:
- the upskilling of staff in IT, administrative and customer service
- occupational health and safety training
- in-house professional development.
RMIT University is committed to providing you with an education that strongly links formal learning with professional or vocational practice.
Job roles associated with this qualification relate to the delivery of training and assessment within the vocational education and training sector.
You’ll be prepared to take on roles for experienced VET practitioners.
Graduates of this program are employed by a range of organisations including private registered training organisations (RTOs), government departments, schools, community organisations and large TAFE institutes.
Possible job titles and roles relevant to this qualification include:
- leading other trainers and assessors
- providing mentoring to new trainers and assessors
- registered training organisation (RTO) advanced trainer and assessor
- designing approaches to learning and assessment strategies
- Advanced vocational education teacher
- VET in VCE or VCAL secondary school teacher.