Today, the ability to interpret and present information and drive data-driven decisions is no longer reserved for data scientists and mathematicians. In 2019, LinkedIn cited that data reasoning was the third most sought-after skill by companies. With over 2.5 quintillion bytes of data created each day, businesses are now more than ever looking to recruit business analytics talent to support their sustained growth.
At RMIT Online, we have a suite of courses to provide you with the skills to tackle the world of data analytics, which can be taken standalone or one after the other dependent on your desired outcomes.
If you’re seeking a foundational understanding of business analytics with the presentation and communication of data, we recommend starting with Business Analytics and Visualisation. If you’re looking to understand how to drive powerful analysis and predictions for your team or business, we recommend taking Business Analytics with SQL and Python.
For a comprehensive understanding of business analytics visualisations and predictive analytics, we recommend you take both courses. If you decide to take both, we encourage you to start Business Analytics and Visualisation, and then proceed with Business Analytics with SQL and Python.
- Intro to data analytics
- Business applications using data
- Market research
- Spreadsheets, metrics, modelling in excel
- Data visualisation with Tableau
- Data project life cycle
- Collate, query and join data using SQL
- Introduction to Python for data analysis
- Pandas and NumPy
- Forecast data modelling
- Presenting data to support forecasting
By the end of this bundle, you will have completed to final projects:
Project 1 (Business Analytics and Visualisation):
Develop a slide deck presentation using templates, guidelines and business styles which address the following:
- Define the business question and need for data analysis
- Begin collecting data from sources
- Clean through unnecessary data
- Begin analysing the data
- Interpret results and apply them
- Anticipate ethical and legal considerations for the business
- Justify the business approach taken to address your business question
Project 2 (Business Analytics with SQL and Python):
Prepare for your final project in which you’ll:
- Set a business question
- Analyse and shape the data to create a data visualisation
- Create and present your findings in a slide deck presentation to your audience