Our Business Analyst course will provide you an immersed experience in responding to an in-depth scenario that follows each stage of the business analysis lifecycle. You’ll learn the key transferable skills required by a valuable business analyst which are causation, facilitation, problem solving, work breakdown, and adaptive communication.
Importantly, you’ll gain universal technical skills in requirements gathering, process mapping, and user story writing. Simulating common real-life situations that require problem-solving, you’ll also learn how to update process maps based on changed requirements and review non-functional requirements. By the end of this course, you’ll present your findings through a stakeholder presentation and video for your final, scenario-based project.
After completing an RMIT Future Skills course, you will earn an RMIT credential which can be validated, recognised and shared on social media platforms.
- Break down business problems into requirements that facilitate the resolution of conflicting needs and reflect contemporary ways of working
- Critically analyse cognitive and behavioural skills relevant to business analysis and apply those skills to engaging with business and technical stakeholders
- Illustrate the business analysis process to stakeholders and justify how the process and findings create business value
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Assess business problems
- Conduct root cause analysis
- Gather, classify, and prioritise requirements
- Create process maps
- Break down work using Agile methods
- Write user stories
- Effectively present their findings to stakeholders