*This credential is only available to current RMIT students
Looking for work can be tough. Finding advertised jobs that match your skills, qualifications and experience can be a long and frustrating process. Knowing how to search in the right way – and understanding the key things that drive job hiring decisions – can make all the difference.
This credential gives you fundamental job search skills, so you can quickly find the roles that match your skills and experience, and offer you the best chance of success. You’ll also get a peek behind the hiring process, learning common approaches to recruitment to gain an edge in the application process. Learn to build a professional profile, navigate job networks and read between the lines of recruitment ads – and take the work out of searching for a job.
● Analyse sources of job opportunities and common recruitment methods
● Identify employer requirements for recruitment and staff selection approaches
● Prepare, implement and evaluate a job search plan
● Develop the capacity to self-assess work readiness
- Approaches to sourcing Job opportunities
- Preparing a job search plan
- Employer requirements and recruitment methods
By completing online activities and assessments, the earner of this credential showed they understood how to prepare a job search strategy, assess their work readiness, and effectively search for jobs. They also showed an understanding of recruiting selection processes.