Transition to Work
*This credential is only available to current RMIT students
The first month of any new job is tough. There’s always a whole host of new things to learn, and a whole new work culture to grapple with – and that’s on top of struggling to remember everyone’s names.
This credential gives you a crash course in starting a new job right: gain strategies to tackle common work issues, and learn approaches to navigating a new workplace. You’ll also learn skills to evaluate the daily situations you encounter and give yourself feedback, so you can plan for success – and hit the ground running.
- Analyse, select and implement strategies for the challenging nature of a new role
- Develop strategies for evaluating personal progress and to appropriately respond to feedback
- Create a ‘90 day plan’ designed to assist with managing expectations
- Navigating challenges and orienting successfully in a new workplace.
- Managing expectations
- Making decisions
- Career resilience
- Human Resources and your rights
- Organising your new working life
- Staying on track
- First 90 days - orientation
By completing online activities and assessments, the earner of this credential demonstrated their career planning skills, and showed they know how to transition quickly and effectively into a new working role.