Why take this cred?
Have trouble getting things done? Chances are you need a better approach to planning your tasks before you jump in – so that rather than wasting time and energy, you’re already set up for success.
This course gives you the fundamental tools to plan and execute any task or goal, no matter how big or small. You’ll learn to use the SMART method to break down projects into smaller goals that are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and timely – so you can stop floundering, and start getting effective.
- Explain the meaning and importance of ‘goal setting’
- Describe the elements of a SMART goal
- Describe generic employability/soft skills
- Construct personalised SMART goals
- What is meant by ‘goals’?
- Setting goals
- Four P’s of goal setting (Positive, Personal, Possible, Prioritised)
- Why SMART goals?
- Employability/soft skills – what are they?
- Overcoming obstacles
By completing online activities, including quizzes and a case study analysis, the earner of this credential showed an understanding of how to use the SMART methodology to break tasks down into smaller, more achievable sections.