Why take this cred?
An important part of your study at RMIT is getting real, practical experience in the industry you’re aiming to enter – which is where work integrated learning comes in. Whether it’s through a placement or a project with industry partners, gaining exposure in your chosen field is invaluable: particularly when the time comes to apply for jobs in the industry.
This course covers the basics of what you need to know before you start your RMIT work integrated learning activity, giving you everything you need to get the most out of your experience. Learn about appropriate workplace behaviour and your workplace rights and responsibilities, along with the best approaches to learning from your work integrated learning experience.
- Develop a work ready mindset
- Explain your rights and responsibilities for placements and projects
- Explain how you represent RMIT while in your placement
- Discuss appropriate workplace behaviours
- Analyse opportunities for learning
- The Work Ready Mindset
- Student Rights and Responsibilities for Placements and Projects (WIL)
- Representing RMIT
- Appropriate Behaviour in the Workplace
- Opportunities for learning through WIL
By completing online activities, including quizzes and a final assessment piece, the earner of this credential showed an understanding of appropriate workplace behaviour and their rights and responsibilities during an industry engaged experience, and demonstrated an appreciation of the fact that their actions reflect on RMIT during their work integrated learning.