Product Management Fundamentals
The course is a great introduction into product management - why a product manager is important, and the critical skills needed to become a successful product manager. You will get the opportunity to nurture your ideas and bring it to life by creating a product and designing a go-to-market plan. You'll own a product roadmap and prioritise tasks, and also develop a clear vision and strategy and owning the full product lifecycle.
This course is ideal for:
Project managers, entrepreneurs, or anyone looking to upskill in product management and incorporate product management capabilities into their current role.
After completing an RMIT Future Skills course, you will earn an RMIT certificate and credential which can be validated, recognised and shared on social media platforms.
- An overview of product management
- How product management is relevant in an organisational context
- How to formulate and apply agile product roadmaps, strategy, and methodologies
- Establish and manage effective stakeholder engagement
- Product strategy, customer value, and prioritisation
- How to develop an effective go-to-market strategy
This course will teach you all the skills required to get started as a product manager – from owning the roadmap and prioritising tasks, to having a clear vision and strategy and owning the full product lifecycle. You will understand how to deliver value to your customers and bridge technical and business worlds using modern, iterative methods.
At the end of this course, you will have completed one project, in which you will present your product strategy and go-to-market plan for your own product.